Nugi Technologies and Remita announce a strategic partnershipPosted: 1st July 2016
NUGI Technologies Nig. Ltd, a leading ICT solution giant in Nigeria with a craving for world class technological innovations and Remita (SystemSpecs) an e-payments and e-collections solution on a single multi-bank platform, developed by SystemSpecs, have announced a technology partnership, collaboration and integration to enhance the seamless running of the crossriverpay.com platform developed by NUGI Technologies Nig. Ltd.
The crossriverpay.com platform is the easiest way to pay taxes and bills in Cross River State; it is a secure system for paying state taxes electronically using the Internet, or any mobile device from any location and in real-time.
The crossriverpay.com platform is user- friendly and designed to offer quality service to all tax payers in Cross River State. The new partnership between NUGI Technologies and Remita is expected to boost the IGR generated by MDAs in Cross River State and create awareness for taxable individuals and corporate organizations in the state on how to pay their taxes efficiently.
This integration represents a perfect feat for Cross River State government as this will block loopholes and other causes of under reporting of the state’s resources. The partnership is a strong strategic fit, leveraging the two leading companies’ respective strength across these areas:
- First, easy integration of the Remita split system on real time basis.
- Developing a platform in accordance with the mandate of the present administration in empowering government to electronically track and monitor all inflows and disbursements, thereby enhancing transparency in government business activities.
- Specifically, designated officials of government can see the individual balances of all MDAs on a single screen at any time.
- In addition, the partnership ensures online validation of receipts whereby designated officers are authorized to confirm any presented online receipt as a way to curtail fake presentation of receipts in tax payments.
- In collaboration with Remita, the CrossRiver PAY platform allows tax payers to walk into any designated bank; make their payment. Other means of payment include: online payment via mobile phones, laptops, tablets and PCs etc.
This partnership will redefine how services are delivered both in terms of government to government; as well as between government and citizens. It will also improve access and enhance quality of service delivery especially with tax payment and remittance in Cross River State..